antibac av® is the world’s first coated catheter for Intermittent self-catheterisation (ISC) with Aloe Vera.
Intermittent self-catheterisation (ISC) is a technique of passing a small catheter into the bladder at regular intervals to remove the urine when the patient is unable to void normally
The catheter is then removed, leaving the patient catheter free between catheterisations.
The advantages of ISC is:
- Patient retains independence
- Urinary tract infections reduced
- Patient is in control of own bladder
- No interference to sexual relationships
- No incontinence - no smells
- Significant protection from upper tract reflux (avoiding kidney failure)
- No longer the need for a permanent in-dwelling catheter, therefore preventing problems such as bladder neck damage and erosion of the meatus